Gang Crime in Southern California

California Gang Crimes Definition

In the California Penal Code, gang crimes are referred to as "street terrorism." In Cal. Pen. Code § 186.22(a), it states that the following two actions are punishable as gang crimes:

  • Actively participating in any criminal street gang with knowledge that its members engage in or have engaged in a pattern of criminal gang activity
  • Willful promotion, furtherance, or assistance in any felonious criminal conduct by members of that gang

Gang crimes are punishable under this same section of law by imprisonment in a county jail for up to one year or by incarceration in state prison for 16 months or 2 or 3 years. Gang crimes are generally violent and can involve anything from vandalism to drive-by shootings, robberies, assault, or homicide.

How Our Firm Can Fight Gang Crime Charges

We've defended countless clients against criminal charges of all kinds. We focus solely on criminal defense and know every area of the California Penal Code in detail. In order to be convicted of a gang crime, proof must be given that you knew you were involved with a gang and that you were actively involved in, supportive of, or assisting in the commission of a crime committed by one or more members of the gang.

Hire an Aggressive Criminal Defense Lawyer

Conviction for a gang crime can land you in jail or prison for years. Do not take chances by hiring an inexperienced criminal defense lawyer. Gibbons & Gibbons has more than 60 years of combined experience and can fight relentlessly against your criminal charges. We have the knowledge and skill to have your charges reduced or dropped or to have your case dismissed. Your initial case evaluation is free, so do not hesitate to find out what we can do for you.

Contact us today to get started!

We represent clients in North Orange County, Downey, and Bellflower Courts. Call if you live in Norwalk, Buena Park, Bellflower, Cerritos, Cypress, Long Beach, La Palma, Fullerton, Anaheim, or surrounding areas.

Contact Us

Contact Our Firm